Strattera 40 mg is a non-stimulant medication used for adults and children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and Narcolepsy. This stimulant works by affecting certain uncontrolled chemicals in the brain and helps to control hyperactivity and impulsiveness. This medication affects how people think, feel and act, including their ability to concentrate on tasks. This medication may also raise dopamine in some parts of the brain for influencing focus on work.
Work Of Stattera 40 mg:
Strattera 40 mg helps in different ways to treat patients.
- It treats ADHD and Narcolepsy symptoms.
- Increases listening ability.
- Controls mood swings.
- It is used to control hyperactivity.
- To increase energy levels
- It helps to be more attentive.
- To maintains impulsiveness.
- Manage behavioral changes.
Different Doses Of Strattera:
The dose is the amount of drug taken at any one time. This can be expressed as the weight of the drug, volume of drug solution, number of dosage forms, or some other quantity. The drug dose depends on several factors like age, body weight, gender, administration route, time of administration, environmental factors, disease condition, and many more.
The doses of the Strattera are such as 10 mg, 18 mg, 25 mg, 40 mg, 60 mg, 80 mg, or 100 mg hard capsules. Each hard capsule contains equivalent atomoxetine hydrochloride to the above capsules.
Follow Instructions On How To Take Strattera 40 mg Pill:
- Always follow the doctor’s instructions while taking this medication and never stop taking it without asking your healthcare provider.
- The dosage is based on your medical condition, response to treatment, and other drugs you may be taking. Be sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist about all the medicines you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products). Do not increase your dose or take this drug more often than directed.
- Read the medication guide provided by your doctor or pharmacist before you start using this medication each time you get a refill. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Generally, This medication is taken in the morning with or without food as per the doctor’s prescription.
- Swallow it with a full glass of water but you should never take it more than once a day.
- If you have a medical condition, ask your doctor before using Strattera 40 mg.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages or other drugs while taking Strattera 40 mg pills.
- Do not stop using it immediately to avoid withdrawal symptoms.
- Never share it with others without a prescription. A single dose can cause dangerous effects.
- A doctor’s check-up is essential for height and weight if it is getting used by a child.
- Avoid misusing the medication and remember not to chew, crush or break it.
- Check the expiry date before using and dispose of it expired medicine.
- Over time your doctor may change the number of doses for better results.
- Never sell or buy Strattera 40 mg online illegally. It is considered against the law.
Who Should Not Use This Medicine?
All the medication can not use by every patient. Everyone’s bodies and brains are different, so their reactions to drugs can also be different. So you should be aware to use this drug.
- Do not use Strattera 40 mg if you are pregnant or nursing your baby.
- Avoid using it if you are addicted to alcohol or drugs for a long.
- People with an allergy, a history of asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, or another breathing condition should not take Strattera 40 mg.
- Do not use this medicine if you have used MAO inhibitors like; tranylcypromine, isocarboxazid, methylene blue injection, linezolid, phenelzine, selegiline, or rasagiline in the last 14 days to avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- If you are suffering from Tourette’s syndrome, heart problems or a congenital heart defect, agitation, epilepsy or problems with the stomach, or intestines, have high blood pressure, severe high blood pressure or a heart problem, glaucoma, overactive thyroid, severe anxiety, tension, you should inform your doctor.
Any medicines used for continuing it may increase the chances of side effects. If the side effects are out of tolerance then go to the doctor and take a suggestion from the doctor.