Strattera belongs to the group of medicines called selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs). Strattera 18 mg is used to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children, teenagers, and adults. It works in the brain by affecting certain chemicals and nerves which helps with impulse control and hyperactivity. This medicine is available only with your doctor’s prescription and is used as part of a treatment program that includes social, educational, and psychological treatment.
Ability & Usage:
ADHD is a behavioral disorder i.e. a lack of focus and/or hyperactivity that is much more frequent than others who are close in age or development. This medication works by acting on brain chemicals called amines which are involved in controlling behavior.
Doses for Attention Deficit Disorder(children):
This medicine is approved to use by children who are 6 years and older. The starting dose should be 10 mg two times a day. Then with time increase the amount to 5-10 mg per week. According to the need, change the doses with time. The maximum dose should not exceed 100 mg. Take the medicine before breakfast and lunch.
Available Forms And Doses Of Strattera:
Strattera is available only with a doctor’s prescription in different doses such as Strattera 10 mg, Strattera 18 mg, Strattera 25 mg, Strattera 40 mg, Strattera 60 mg, Strattera 80 mg, and Strattera 100 mg which are used in different conditions.
The minimum dose of Strattera is 10 mg i.e. used for initial to the patient and the maximum dose is used for severity in ADHD patients. Divide it into parts and take it early in the morning once a day, 30-45 min before or after food.
Information Should Know Before Using It:
Before you take Strattera 18 mg, you should know in which condition could consume it and in which condition you should not take it.
- People who have heart disease should definitely avoid using this medication as it may cause heart attack, stroke, or sudden death.
- Stop taking this medicine if you are allergic to it.
- Avoid using Strattera 18 mg If you have used MAO like tranylcypromine, phenelzine, linezolid, tranylcypromine, and methylene blue injection in the last 14 days.
- You should not use it during your pregnancy, or else it may cause premature birth.
You should know which category person should take Strattera 18 mg:
- Heart problems
- High blood pressure
- Tourette’s syndrome
- If suffering from anxiety or agitation
- Overactive thyroid
- Severe anxiety
- Problems with the intestines, stomach
All these above conditions should avoid using this medicine.
Tell your doctor;
- If you are breastfeeding or planning to have a baby, your doctor may suggest alternatives or may advise you to take some precautions with this medicine.
- Any medicines for Parkinson’s disease, migraine headaches, depression, serious infections, mental illness, vomiting, nausea, or any other opioids or herbal products.
- If you have a planned surgery.
- Any member of your family has a mental illness, depression, bipolar disorder psychosis, drug addiction, seizures, and alcoholism.
Direction To Use This Medicine:
Follow the doctor’s advice before using the medicine, do as exactly as prescribed and
read all the guides and prescription labels carefully.
- As Strattera 18 mg is the medicine with a high chance of becoming addictive, so avoid misusing it to reduce the risk of overdose, severe side effects, and death.
- Doctors usually prescribe Strattera 18 mg once or twice a day, 45 minutes before having a meal.
- Strattera 18 mg capsules once a day, in the morning with or without a meal as advised by the doctor.
- Never change the dose timing without consulting the doctor, take the medicine the same way every day.
- Do not try to crush, break or chew the tablet, swallow the whole with a full glass of water.
- Use only medicine that has been prescribed to you to avoid risks and medication errors.
- Doctor’s counseling and other treatments are also important parts of taking medication.
- Regular check-up of heart and blood pressure is necessary after and before taking this medication.
- Your doctor may increase, decrease or stop the doses to check the symptoms and results of this medicine.
- Do not stop taking this Strattera 18 mg without permission because it needs to avoid withdrawal symptoms.
- Flush the expired or broken medicine to lower the risk.
Strattera 18 mg & Negative Effects On System:
Strattera 18 mg has a high chance of risk, so do not exceed your doses without the doctor’s knowledge, it may cause side effects. Side effects could be common as well as severe and can be seen and vary from person to person according to the patient’s health condition.