Generic Name of “Opana er 10mg” Oxymorphone Hydrochloride Extended-Release
Opana ER 10mg (oxymorphone) is for the treatment of continuous pain in the body and should never be confused with the general pain killer medicines.
Side Effects Of Opana ER 10mg
Below are the common side effects of Opana ER (oxymorphone):
- stomach pain
Some serious side effects might also occur and they are more likely to happen in older adults and those who are malnourished, overweight, or debilitated.
Important Points One Should Know About Opana ER
Misuse of opioid medicines like opana er 10mg high (oxymorphone) can cause overdose, addiction, or even death, Always keep the medication safe in a place where no one else can get to it.
In case you have any allergic reactions like swelling on your face, tongue, lips, or throat, hives on the body parts, and difficulty in breathing.
Opioid medicines like Opana ER 10 mg high (oxymorphone) can make your breathing slow or sometimes even stop your breathing which can result in death. The patient’s medical caretaker should give him/her naloxone and immediately seek emergency help in case of blue coloured lips, slow breathing including long pauses, or the patient is hard to wake up.
Immediately contact your doctor if you have:
- Shallow or shaky breathing, breathing with pauses
- The feeling of passing out light-headed feeling
- Seizure (convulsions)
- Cough with yellow or green mucus, chest pain, wheezing
- Severe vomiting
- High serotonin level in the body–fever, sweating, shivering, agitation, hallucinations, loss of coordination, fast heart rate,
- muscle stiffness, twitching, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Low cortisol levels in the body–loss of appetite, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, worsening tiredness or weakness.
Consuming opioid medicines like Opana ER 10 mg high (oxymorphone) during pregnancy may cause fatal withdrawal symptoms in the newborn baby. Life-threatening side effects may occur if you use Opana ER 10 mg with alcohol, or with other drugs that cause slow breathing, or drowsiness.
Getting Opana ER high opioid medicine during your pregnancy it may lead your baby could become addicted or dependent on the drug. This can cause critical withdrawal symptoms in the infant after it is born. Babies that are born dependent on Opana ER 10 mg and might need medical treatment for several weeks to recover.
Discuss Important Points With Your Healthcare Provider Before Using Opana er
You should not take Opana ER 10mg high (oxymorphone) if you are allergic to it, or if you have:
- Breathing problems or severe asthma
- Serious liver disease
- A bowel or stomach obstruction (that includes paralytic ileus also)
Don’t forget to tell your doctor if you ever had any of the below:
- Problems related to breathing, Sleep apnea (breathing that stops during sleep);
- Seizures or a head injury
- Mental illness, alcohol or drug addiction
- Urinary problems
- Kidney or liver problems
- Problems with your pancreas, gallbladder, or thyroid.
Make sure to consult your doctor before using opioid medicines if you are breastfeeding. Immediately consult your doctor if you notice slow breathing or severe drowsiness in the nursing baby.
How to use Opana ER 10 mg (oxymorphone)?
Follow all the directions given on the prescription slip and thoroughly read all medication guides. Never use Opana ER (oxymorphone) in huge amounts, or for longer than the prescribed period. Consult your doctor if you suddenly feel an increased urge to take more Opana ER
Opana ER 10mg (oxymorphone) or opioid medicines are not for sharing with another person as they can be lethal, especially for someone who has a past drug addiction or abuse. Selling or giving away Opana ER 10mg high (oxymorphone) is against the law.
If you are using any other around-the-clock opioid pain medicines immediately stop using them before you start taking Opana ER 10mg (oxymorphone).
Take Opana ER at least 2 hours after or 1 hour before a meal.
Make a habit of taking the medicine at the same time daily.
It is a tablets should always be taken as a whole do not chew, break, crush, or dissolve.
Do not wet or lick the tablet before placing it in the mouth. Take a single dose of one table of Opana ER 10mg at a time.
Never mix, inhale or inject the Opana ER 10mg high (oxymorphone) in the powder form as it can cause death.
Discuss with your doctor how to safely stop the long term usage of Opana ER 10mg (oxymorphone). Sudden stopping could lead to unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
Storage should always be at room temperature away from heat, moisture, and light.
Missing a dose Opana ER (oxymorphone)
Since Opana ER 10mg high (oxymorphone) is primarily used for pain, you might not miss a dose. But in case skip a missed dose if it is almost time for the next dose. Never use two doses at a time.
Overdose Opana ER (oxymorphone)
Opana ER 10 mg (oxymorphone) or an opioid overdose can be dangerous, especially for a person using the medicine without a prescription or a child. Overdose symptoms may include slow breathing, no breathing, severe drowsiness, pinpoint pupils.
Effect of other drugs with Opana ER 10mg high (oxymorphone)
Your doctor must know if you use:
- Bronchodilator asthma/COPD medication, cold or allergy medicines, or a diuretic (“water pill”)Irritable bowel syndrome,
- medicines for motion sickness, or overactive bladder
Any other opioids
- A sedative like alprazolam, lorazepam, Xanax, Valium, diazepam, Klonopin, Ativan, and others
- Medicine to treat mood disorders or mental illness, sleeping pill, muscle relaxer
- Serotonin levels affecting drugs – medicine for depression, Parkinson’s disease, a stimulant, migraine headaches, nausea and vomiting, serious infections.