Lexapro and Cipralex are the brand name of Escitalopram that is sold under the brand names. This is the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant of the class. Which is mainly used to treat the major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. It is taken by mouth once in the morning or evening.
Common side effects include trouble sleeping, nausea, sexual problems, and feeling tired. More serious side effects may include suicidal thoughts in people up to the age of 24 years.
Lexapro is available in tablet form for the treatment of social anxiety disorder. It has a variety of strengths available, such as;
- Lexapro 1 mg: It is a white-colored, round-shaped medicine. This is the lowest available dose of Lexapro.
- Lexapro 5 mg: This is a white-colored tablet in a round shape. It has 5 written on one side of it.
- Lexapro 10 mg: Lexapro 10 mg is a white-colored medicine. It is round in shape and has 10 written on one side of it. It also has a line debossed in the middle of it.
- Lexapro 15 mg: This medicine is white in color and round in shape. It has 15 written on one side of the tablet.
- Lexapro 20 mg: It is a white-colored oval-shaped medicine.
- Lexapro 30 mg: Lexapro 30 mg is the largest available dose of Lexapro. It is a white-colored tablet in an oval shape.
How Does Lexapro 30 mg Work?
It works by affecting the secretion of a neurotransmitter known as serotonin. This hormone works for sleep, mood, and other bodily functions. It helps to reduce stress and anxiety and uplifts mood. This way it also helps to suppress depression.
How Long Does Lexapro 30 mg Stay In The Body?
Lexapro 30 mg starts its work within a few hours of its consumption. Its effectiveness peaks within 5 hours. Some of it can be stored in various body parts for 5 to 6 days after the last use. It needs some special test to get it.
How To Take & Store Lexapro 30 mg:
Taking every medication in the proper process makes a man quick relief from health issues. The dosage varies from person to person. Normally, it is decided according to the patient’s age, other medical conditions, and response to the treatment. Do not increase or decrease the doses on your own. Your doctor will change the doses in the necessary conditions.
Lexapro 30 mg is typically taken as a tablet or oral solution once daily, in the morning or evening, with or without food.
Doses should take only the doctor’s prescription that is approved by the FDA. It helps to reduce the risk of side effects or adverse reactions.
If you feel better after taking Lexapro 30 mg for one to four weeks then you regularise this drug.
It may improvements in your sleep, energy levels, and appetite within the first week or two. But you may not experience the full benefits of the medication until you have been following a recommended treatment plan for a couple of months, you should go to the doctor.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about this medication.
Storing Lexapro properly helps keep the medication both safe and effective. Lexapro should be stored at room temperature, away from light and moisture. Do not store it in the bathroom. If you are traveling with Lexapro 30 mg, be sure to carry your medication in its original packaging in your carry-on luggage with having your prescription with you.
Dispose of expired and unused medicines in a place that children and animals can not reach there. You can also ask the pharmacist or the local disposal factory for it.
Like every medicine, It does have some side effects. Some of the side effects are casual and non-risky whereas some of them are very dangerous.
Some casual side effects are Weakness, dizziness, tiredness, drowsiness, insomnia, constipation, agitation, painful urination, anxious feeling, nosebleed, Heavy menstrual flow, awning, nausea, dry mouth, increased thirst, loss of appetite, shaky feeling, decreased sex drive, impotent, Increased muscle movement, etc.
Serious risky side effects that can cause by the use of it are as such Eye swelling, eye pain, pain or burning while urinating, blurred vision, tunnel vision, racing thoughts, Feeling extreme happy or sad, racing thoughts, slow growth or weight gain in children, unusual risk-taking behavior,
If you experience any serious health issues, stop taking it and consult your doctor immediately.
Missed A Dose:
If you have forgotten to take a dose then take it as soon as you remembered. But if the time is nearer to the time to take the next dose, then do not consume it and the skipped dose. Take the usual dose.
Overdosing of this medicine can have serious indications like a fast heartbeat, trouble breathing, vomiting, dizziness, coma, seizures, etc. If someone has consumed an overdose accidentally and is going through such symptoms, then immediately take them to a doctor for emergency treatment or call the poison help center.
Symptoms Of Sudden Stop Lexapro 30 mg:
Do not stop taking Lexapro 30 mg without consulting with the doctor or other healthcare professional first. Discontinuing Lexapro 30 mg suddenly could cause withdrawal symptoms such as:
- Trouble sleeping
- Weird skin sensations
To prevent withdrawal symptoms, a doctor or other healthcare provider will prescribe you a gradual reduction dose before stopping Lexapro 30 mg completely.
Warnings And Precautions:
- Children below 12 years can not use Lexapro 30 mg.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to Lexapro or any ingredients of Lexapro.
- Avoid driving or operating heavy machines while consuming this medicine.
- Alcohol or marijuana is not allowed to take with it.
- Pregnant women should not use Lexapro 30 mg. In extremely necessary conditions, they can use it by consulting with their doctor. If you got pregnant or planning to be pregnant during this medication, you need to consult your doctor. Because this medicine may pass through breast milk. If you are a breastfeeding mother then talk to your healthcare provider about it.
Certain diseases can get worse and can affect health conditions with the consumption of this medicine. Your doctor needs to know about the diseases before prescribing this medicine to you. Those diseases are;
- Liver disease
- Renal dysfunction
- Platelet function
- Seizure disorder
- Weight loss