Levitra belongs to the class of medications called phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors. It helps to treat erectile dysfunction (male impotence). This medication allows greater blood flow into the penis when a man is sexually aroused. It works only with sexual stimulation and does not increase sexual desire.
Do not stop taking this medication without consulting your doctor. Do not give this medication to anyone else, even if they have the same symptoms. He should need a doctor’s consultation. It can be harmful for people to take this drug if their doctor has not prescribed it.
The standard dose is Levitra 10 mg and Levitra 20 mg. Depending on your age, height, and weight, the cause and the severity of your ED. The initial dose is Levitra 5 mg and the higher dose is Levitra 40 mg to Levitra 60 mg. Dosage does not affect how quickly or for how long the treatment works.
Higher doses come with an increased chance of developing side effects.
Strengths Of Levitra Available:
There are 5 different varieties of Levitra available for use in different conditions of the patient. These are:
- Levitra 5 mg, a brown-cloured sphere-shaped tablet, with imprinted clearly 5 on it.
- Levitra 10 mg, a brown-colored spherical tablet, with 10 engraved on it.
- Levitra 20 mg, a brown-colored sphere-shaped tablet, with written clearly 20 on it.
- Levitra 40 mg, a brown-colored sphere-shaped tablet, clearly written 40 on it.
- Levitra 60 mg, a brown-colored sphere-shaped tablet, with written 60 on it.
Ingredients Of Levitra:
Each Levitra tablet contains an active ingredient of 5/10/20/40/60 mg of Vardenafil hydrochloride and crospovidone, magnesium stearate; microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal silicon dioxide (anhydrous), macrogol 400, hypromellose, titanium dioxide, ferric oxide yellow and ferric oxide red as inactive ingredients.
Storage Of Levitra 40 mg :
Storage of every medicine and medicinal product is an important aspect. So we need to remember some points before storing any medicine.
Points to remember before storing Levitra 40 mg are:
- Store it at a temperature between 20- 25 degrees Celsius i.e. 68- 77 degrees Fahrenheit i.e. at room temperature.
- You should never store it in Refrigerator.
- Keep it away from light and moisture.
- Do not store it in the bathroom.
- Keep it away from children’s reach.
How To Take Levitra 40 mg Securely?:
Take Levitra exactly as prescribed by the doctor in the prescription. Any overdose or under dose or completely stopping it immediately can harm the health of a person.
Some specific rules and principles should be followed before taking Levitra. These are:
Read the medication guide before using it.
- Take it with or without food. Taking it with food can stop causing stomach problems and constipation.
- Shallow the tablet whole.
- Do not cut or crush the tablet.
- Do not pre-soak, lick or wet the tablet before placing it in the mouth.
- Take one tablet at a time. Do not take more than once daily.
Proper Dosage Of Levitra 20 mg:
The use of Levitra 20 mg is only recommended for adults and not for children. The dosages of taking Levitra are as follows:
- For adults aged up to 65 years, 10 mg per day, taken as a single dose, once a day. It is generally taken 1-hour before having sex.
- For adults aged 65 years and old, 5 mg per day, taken as a single dose, once a day.
Potentially Harmful Side Effects:
Any medicine when used improperly way shows dangerous adverse effects. It shows both common and serious side effects.
Common Side Effects:
The common side effects are:
- Stuffy nose
- Sinus pain
- Upset stomach
- Back pain
Serious Side Effects:
The serious side effects are:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swellings in the face, lips, tongue, and throat
- Chest pain
- Pain in lower jaw and shoulder
- Loss of vision
- Change in vision
- Painful erection
- Ringing ears
- Loss of hearing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swellings in hand, ankles, and feet
- Shortness of breath
Go to the doctor immediately if you feel any side effects.
Overdose is a condition when a person takes an extra dose of medicine without taking permission from the doctor. An overdose of any medication is dangerous to our health. So an overdose of Levitra 40 mg also has some bad effects on our health.
It leads to headaches, flushing, dizziness, back pain, vision and hearing changes, problems in breathing, and feeling like passing out.
Taking any medication at an improper time and irregularly leads to missed doses. People after missing a dose usually take a double dose which leads to an overdose. In case you miss a dose, do not panic. Take the dose immediately or continue with your regular dose or consult your doctor.
When any medicine is stopped suddenly or accidentally is called withdrawal symptoms. The withdrawal symptoms of Levitra 40 mg are difficulty sleeping, fever, fluid retention, flushing of the skin, headache, nasal congestion, nausea, diarrhea, nose bleeds, numbness, pain in the arm or leg, temporary muscle aches, upset stomach, heartburn and shortness of breath. Before stopping the medication you should inform your doctor.
Substitute For Levitra 40 mg (Natural And Medicinal):
Finding the exact substitute is not possible, but some similar medication ingredients are presented instead of Levitra.
The natural substitutes are: Horny goat weed, Korean red ginseng, Yohimbe, DHEA, L-citrulline and L-arginine, and Acupuncture.
Medicinal Substitute: The medicinal substitutes are:
Before choosing any medication you should consult with your doctor.
Take some precautions before using Levitra 40 mg for resolving impotence and other problems. These are:
- Describe both your physical and mental history before the doctor.
- Never take Levitra 40 mg if you have kidney disease, liver disease, glaucoma, lung/ breathing problems, or mental disorder.
- Levitra 40 mg causes constipation. So tell your doctor to change your diet accordingly.
- Check the manufacturing and expiry date thoroughly before using this drug.
- You should never do any work including driving, operating any machine, or doing any serious work as drowsiness is one of the side effects of using Levitra. It can be dangerous.
- Do not wake up suddenly after sleep as it causes lightheadedness, dizziness, and fainting.