Adderall XR 30 mg is a doctor’s prescribed medication used to treat a patient who has high symptoms of ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and narcolepsy. Adderall was introduced in 1996 by Richwood Pharmaceuticals, which later merged with Shire Pharmaceuticals. This medication was approved on 05/22/2002 by the FDA.
Adderall is a brand name prescribed for the treatment of ADHD. It works by changing the amount of certain natural substances in the brain and affects the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control.
Adderall XR is available as a generic medication and may be significantly cheaper compared to the brand version. Adderall XR 30 mg generic will be a better value. This medication helps to increase the ability to pay attention, stay focused on an activity, and control behavior problems, improve listening skills.
Adderall XR 30 mg Online:
Buying Adderall XR 30 mg offline is much more difficult without any verified prescription but buying Adderall XR 30 mg online is very simple. Adderall XR 30 mg is available on many online pharmacy websites. Adderall XR 30 mg generic price is low than the Adderall XR 30 mg brand name.
What mg Does Adderall XR Come In?
Adderall is available both online and offline in the market in 2 different versions. These are
Adderall IR dosages and Adderall XR dosages. These have come in the following strengths:
Adderall IR: 5 mg, 7.5 mg, 10 mg, 12.5 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg tablets.
Adderall XR: 5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 25 mg, 30 mg capsules.
Adderall XR 30 mg capsule extended release an orange, capsule imprinted with “ADDERALL XR” and “30 mg”.
Composition Of Adderall XR 30 mg:
The composition of Adderall is different for different dosages.
Active Ingredient of Adderall XR 30 mg: dextroamphetamine saccharate, amphetamine aspartate, dextroamphetamine sulfate, and amphetamine sulfate. Inactive Ingredients of Adderall XR 30 mg are as such colloidal silicon dioxide, compressible sugar, corn starch, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and saccharin sodium.
How Long Does Adderall XR 30 mg Work?
Adderall XR is the extended-release version of Adderall and is a stimulant that works in the brain to raise levels of norepinephrine and dopamine. Norepinephrine and dopamine are chemicals in your brain that improve attention, alertness, and behavior. The longer-acting form, called Adderall XR, can last 8 to 12 hours.
How To Consume Adderall XR 30 mg?
Adderall XR 30 mg is taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor in the prescription. The patient should take it with or without food as prescribed by the doctor. Any overdose or underdose can harm the health of a person. So, never take it without any advice from the doctor.
There are some points to remember before taking Adderall XR 30 mg capsules are:
- Read the medication guide before taking it.
- The patient should take the pill after waking up in the morning half an hour before eating the food/meal.
- The quality of the medication is low when it is breaking or chewing.
- If you are taking Adderall XR 30 mg for Narcolepsy, take it before evening.
Go to the doctor if the patient feels uneasy after taking it.
Dosages Of Taking Adderall XR 30 mg:
Adderall XR is taken as a single dose once in the morning with or without food after waking up. It is chemically designed to release the drug slowly throughout the day.
For ADHD In Children & Adults:
For Immediate-Release, the lower dose is 5 mg orally twice a day, according to the physician’s prescription. The maximum dose is 30 mg per day.
For Extended-Release, the initial dose is 5 mg capsule per day may be increased according to the physician. The maximum dose is 30 mg per day.
For Narcolepsy In Children & Adults:
For Immediate-Release, initially, 5 mg orally twice a day which may be increased according to the doctor or physician. The maximum dose is 30 mg per day.
For Extended-Release, initially, 5 mg to 20 mg pill per day, which may be increased according to the doctor. The maximum dose is 30 mg per day.
Storage Of The Medication:
Storage of every medicine and the medicinal product is an important aspect. So we need to remember some points before storing any medicine.
Points to remember before storing Adderall XR 30 mg are:
- Store it at a temperature between 20- 25 degrees Celcius i.e. 68- 77 degrees Fahrenheit i.e. at room temperature.
- Keep it away from light and moisture.
- Do not store it in the bathroom.
- Keep it in a place where children cannot reach it.
- Do not keep it inside the refrigerator.
- Keep it in a tight, light-resistant container.
Overdose And Missed Dose:
Depending on the drug, or drugs taken, multiple organs may be affected, This may affect the person’s outcome and chances of survival.
when a person takes an extra dose or double dose at a time without a prescription the doctor prescribes for him/her it may dangerous to the person’s health, so an overdose of Adderall XR 30 mg also has some bad effects on the health.
Overdose of Adderall XR 30 mg leads to vomiting, agitation, confusion, sweating, flushing, dry mouth, nausea, diarrhea, fever, headache, fainting, lightheadedness, dilated pupils, muscle twitching, pounding in the neck and years, the fast pounding of heartbeats, hallucinations, seizures, and loss of consciousness.
Taking medicine irregularly leads to a missed dose. People after missing a dose usually take a double dose which leads to overdose. In case you miss a dose, do not panic. Take the dose immediately or continue with your regular dose or consult your doctor.
Symptoms of withdrawal are shown when any medicine is stopped suddenly or accidentally. Common Side Effects:
- Excessive sweating
- Mood change
- Feeling nervous
- Sleeping problem
- Fast heart rate
- Increased blood pressure
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
The patient should go to the doctor for better checking-up to control the side effects of the medication.
Precautions While Taking Adderall XR 30 mg Capsule:
Some precautions are needed to be taken by patients suffering from ADHD and Narcolepsy before taking Adderall XR 30 mg. These are
- Before taking this medication the patient should test whether he is allergic to Adderall XR 30 mg or any other Stimulants.
- Tell freely both your physician and mental history before the doctor.
- Consult your doctor if you have diabetes as it can result in vision loss.
- Test whether you have any kidney disease, liver disease, glaucoma, lung/ breathing problems, or mental disorder.
- As drowsiness is one of its side effects. So, the patient should not drive, should not operate any machine, or do any serious work as it can be dangerous.
- Using Adderall XR 30 mg while pregnant can harm your unborn baby.
- Breastfeeding mothers are advised to consult a doctor and follow the advice.
Alternatives For Adderall XR 30 mg:
There is no exact alternative is not possible for Adderall Xr 30 mg, but some similar medications are prescribed instead of Adderall XR 30 mg. These are
The natural substitutes are:
- Vitamin B-Complex
- Valerian extracts
The medicinal substitutes are:
You can take any of the above medications but only the doctor’s prescription.
When Should The Patient Avoid Adderall XR 30 mg?
If the patient takes Adderall XR 30 mg, certain health conditions or other factors could raise the risk of harm to the patient. In this case, the doctor may not prescribe medication for him which is known as a contraindication. The list below are contraindications of Adderall XR 30 mg.
- If the patients have a history of drug misuse.
- For the patient with hyperthyroidism or overactive thyroid, the doctor will likely treat this condition before prescribing Adderall XR 30 mg. This is because the medication can make the symptoms of an overactive thyroid even worse.
- If the patient has glaucoma. Adderall XR 30 mg can cause increased eye pressure. This medication makes worse conditions.
- Heart disease or high blood pressure patient. Adderall may raise his risk of heart problems or high blood pressure. If the patient already has heart disease or high blood pressure, taking Adderall XR 30 mg could worsen his condition. Talk with the doctor before taking Adderall. The doctor will recommend a different drug for the patient.
- If the patient taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). The doctor will not prescribe Adderall XR 30 mg if he is taking an MAOI or has taken one in the past 14 days. Taking an MAOI with Adderall XR 30 mg may raise your risk of serious high blood pressure, which can even be life-threatening.
- If any patient has an allergic reaction to Adderall XR 30 mg or any of its ingredients, the doctor likely won’t prescribe Adderall XR 30 mg.
Precautions need to take when using these medications. The patient will need to take special care to reduce the risk to others.
- In any situation never take that pill without a doctor’s advice or suggestions.
- Never take longer than the prescription.
- Store away from children.
- Contentiously stay in touch with a doctor.
- Don’t take it if you are allergic to Adderall.
- Never use during pregnancy.
- Never take any other medicines with Adderall XR 30mg without doctors’ suggestions.
If anyone has experienced bad after taking this medication, go to the doctor for an emergency.
Other Food And Medicine Interactions:
The patient should tell the doctor if he/she is taking any other medicines before the doctor prescribes Adderall XR 30 mg as it can be dangerous if some specific medicines are taken with it.
Medicines that should not take with Adderall XR 30 mg are:
- Methylene blue
Food And Beverage Interaction:
Food items and beverages that should not take with Adderall XR 30 mg, may be dangerous to the health of the patient.
- Acidic foods
- Fruit juice
- Vitamin C supplements
Alcohol leads to drowsiness. Acidic food increases the blood levels and effects of Adderall XR 30 mg. So taking alcohol along with Adderall XR 30 mg can cause severe drowsiness, dizziness, tiredness, and body imbalance. Cigarette smoking with Adderall XR 30 mg may decrease the good effects of the drug.