Adderall is the brand name sold in the market, often used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The generic Adderall 15 mg is amphetamine/dextroamphetamine, the stimulants of the CNS ( central nervous system) that affect chemicals in the brain and nerves to control hyperactivity. This medication uses for some sleep disorders, such as narcolepsy. It is used off-label for severe depression.
What Does Adderall 15 mg Look Like:
Adderall pills are available as Immediate-Release and Extended-Release options. There are different dosage are available in Immediate-Release tablets and the same as Extended Release.
The doses of the Adderall are 5 mg, 7.5 mg, 10 mg, 12.5 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, and 30 mg.
Adderall 15 mg IR pills start to take effect quickly in the system, but the effects last for a few hours. This medication is light orange and pinkish with oval-shaped.
Adderall 15 mg orange pill has an “AD” on one side and “15” on the other side. Generic Adderall 15 mg pills will have a “DP” instead of an “AD” other side is the same written. In the USA, Adderall 15 mg street value is $558-$1525.
How Does Orange Adderall 15 mg Affect In The Brain?
Adderall raises the number of certain chemicals in the brain. The chemicals are serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine in the central nervous system. Serotonin plays a role in attention and mood. Norepinephrine affects attention and stress responses in the brain. Dopamine affects complex thinking and our reaction to rewarding experiences. This medication helps with an ADHD diagnosis and slows down hypertension. Dopamine levels increase in the brain bringing greater clarity and focus to work.
The Most Effective Way To Take Medicine:
The doctor considers how often can you take Adderall 15 mg after checking up on the mental and health condition and response to treatment of the patient. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully. The first dose should take after waking up as per the prescription. The patient should take Adderall 15 mg tablet duration at is same time regularly to get the most benefit from it. The doctor may adjust the dose for the patient to find the dose that is best for her.
Side Effects Of Adderall 15 mg Capsules:
Drugs work in your body in a variety of ways and they interfere with microorganisms in the body. The medicines also destroy abnormal cells by repairing old cells. It depends on the medicine to take 3 to 4 weeks by adapting to the system. Different side effects arise in the body within one week or two weeks. Such as follows:
By using amphetamine the patient experiences cardiovascular. Palpitations, the elevation of blood pressure, sudden death.
Central Nervous System:
Some psychotic disorders like restlessness, irritability, euphoria, dysphoria, depression, tremor, tics, aggression, and anger are found by applying the doses.
The patient feels vision blurred, and mydriasis after taking the initial medication.
Dryness of the mouth, unpleasant taste, diarrhea, constipation, and other gastrointestinal disturbances are found after consuming this medication. Anorexia and weight loss may occur as undesirable effects after taking this medication.
After taking this medication, the patient feels serious skin rashes and hypersensitivity reactions including angioedema and anaphylaxis.
The patient’s sexual life affects after taking this drug such as impotence, changes in libido, and frequent or prolonged erections.
Some people who take Adderall 15 mg for the first time have reported hair loss.
Missing A Dose Adderall 15 mg Tablet:
The doctor always advises taking the medication on time regularly. Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time over. Do not take double medicine to make up for the missed dose.
Overdose Adderall 15 mg:
If anyone takes more than one medication accidentally, seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222. An overdose of Adderall could be fatal.
Overdose symptoms may include restlessness, tremor, muscle, rapid breathing, confusion, hallucinations, panic, aggressiveness, muscle pain or weakness, and dark-colored urine. Other overdose symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, uneven heartbeats, fainting, seizure, or coma.
Adderall may interact with several medications and substances that cause side effects if the doctor has not recommended it. So before taking the drug, the patient should tell the medical provider or doctor about all medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements may be taking.
People who drink alcohol with Adderall 15 mg may suffer stress on the cardiovascular system. It may lead to high blood pressure and potential cardiovascular problems.
Adderall 15 mg tablet may interact with the following substances:
- Antacids increase absorption of Adderall and should be avoided.
- CYP2D6 inhibitors such as Benadryl, Wellbutrin, Paxil, Prozac, and Cymbalta may increase levels of Adderall in the blood. It may increase the risk of serotonin syndrome.
- Serotonergic drugs such as serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), and tricyclic antidepressants, may increase the risk of serotonin syndrome.
- Antihistamines may lose their sedative effects.
- Blood pressure medications may not work as well.
- If anyone takes Adderall with pain-relieving medicines such as Codeine, Dilaudid, Gabapentin, Methadone, and Oxycodone. Hydrocodone, may fall in severe side effects.
This is not a complete list of all drug interactions.
If anyone feels severe allergy after taking Adderall 15 mg, the doctor prescribes a few drug alternatives to Adderall for ADHD and narcolepsy. Talk to your medical provider about which one might be best for the patient or his child.
Stimulant For ADHD:
- Amphetamines including Dyanavel XR, Adzenys ER, Adzenys XR-ODT, Evekeo, Evekeo ODT
- Desoxyn (methamphetamine)
- Dexedrine, Zenzedi, ProCentra (dextroamphetamine)
- Focalin, Focalin XR (dexmethylphenidate)
- Ritalin, Concerta, Methylin, Metadate CD, Quillivant, Daytrana, and others (methylphenidate)
Storage & Warning:
It is most important that the medicine should be stored at room temperature with avoiding sunlight, moisture, and excess heat. Store it in a secure location where the children and pets will not contact it. Please store it in a safe place.
It is safe for all if you follow the doctor’s warning before using these medicines.
- You never misuse, or abuse this medicine because it may danger to your life. As per your doctor’s prescription, you should take the exact medicines.
- This medicine has many adverse side effects if you stop it suddenly. Your doctor will make changes in dose as needed. Consult your doctor when you want to stop this medication.
- Visit your doctor immediately if you experience uneasiness after taking Adderall 15 mg.
- People having high blood pressure, heart disease, heart defect, or liver problems should not use this medicine.
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers should never use it. You should inform your doctor about your health issues freely.